Glen Echo Park
Glen Echo Park began in 1891 as a National Chautauqua Assembly, which taught the sciences, arts, languages, and literature. By the early 1900’s to 1968, Glen Echo Park had become a premier amusement park. In 1971 the US National Park Service began managing the park and collaborated with artists and arts organizations to create a rich arts program in the spirit of the original Chautauqua movement. Each year, more than 400k people come to the park for arts classes, festivals, exhibitions, dances, children’s theater, music performances, and nature programs, etc. To get a schedule of events go to www.glenechopark.org.